If you're planning a visit to Warsash, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Visit Netley Abbey Ruins – Netley Abbey, located on the eastern edge of Southampton Water, was founded in 1239 and is one of the most important medieval monasteries in England. The ruins, which include a chapel and cloisters, are open to the public and are a great place to explore, with plenty of wildlife and beautiful views.
- Take in a Show at the Mayflower – The Mayflower Theatre, located in Southampton, is the largest theatre on the south coast and offers a variety of performances, from musicals to stand-up comedy. The theatre is easily accessible from Warsash, via a short drive or train journey.
- Enjoy a Meal at the Jolly Sailor – The Jolly Sailor is a traditional pub located in Warsash, with a traditional atmosphere and great food. Enjoy a meal in one of the pub's cosy dining areas, or relax on the outdoor terrace and enjoy the views of the River Hamble.
- Explore the Hamble Valley – The Hamble Valley is a beautiful stretch of countryside located to the south of Warsash, with plenty of wildlife and stunning views. There are plenty of walking routes to choose from, with easy access to the River Hamble.
- Visit the Titchfield Canal – The Titchfield Canal is a 3.5 mile stretch of canal running from Hamble to Wickham, with beautiful views of the surrounding countryside. Enjoy a leisurely stroll along the canal or take a boat ride for a closer look.
- Take a Boat Trip Around the Solent – The Solent is a stretch of water between the Isle of Wight and the South Coast of England. There are a variety of boat trips available, from sightseeing cruises to speedboat rides.
- Spend a Day at the Beach – Warsash is located close to a number of stunning beaches. Whether you want to relax on the sand, paddle in the sea or explore the rock pools, there's something for everyone.
- Visit Southampton's Historic Buildings – Southampton is home to a wealth of historic buildings, including the ruins of Netley Abbey and the medieval Bargate. Take a guided tour or explore leisurely yourself.
- Explore the New Forest – The New Forest is a beautiful stretch of countryside located to the east of Warsash. Enjoy a day out exploring the heathland and woodlands, or take a boat ride on one of the many rivers.
- Visit the Maritime Museum – The Maritime Museum in Southampton is a great place to learn about the history of the city and the surrounding area. The museum is home to a variety of artefacts, as well as interactive exhibits and activities.
- Take a Walk Along the River Hamble – The River Hamble is a beautiful stretch of river running from Fareham to Southampton. Enjoy a leisurely stroll along the banks, or take a boat ride for a closer look at the wildlife.
- Visit Calshot Castle – Calshot Castle is a 16th century fort situated on the Solent. The castle offers stunning views across the water, as well as a variety of interactive activities and exhibitions.
- Explore the South Downs National Park – The South Downs National Park is a stunning stretch of countryside located to the north of Warsash. Enjoy a day out walking, mountain biking or horse riding, or take a picnic and enjoy the views.
- Visit Peppa Pig World – Peppa Pig World is a theme park located in Paultons Park, just outside of Southampton. Enjoy a day out with the family, exploring the different themed areas and taking a ride on the Peppa Pig train.
- Enjoy a Meal at the Ship Inn – The Ship Inn is a traditional pub located in Warsash, with a cosy atmosphere and great food. Enjoy a meal in one of the pub's dining areas, or relax on the outdoor terrace and enjoy the views of the River Hamble.
There are many things to see and do near Warsash. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!