If you're planning a visit to Ventnor, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Visit Osborne House – Osborne House, Queen Victoria's summer home on the Isle of Wight, is just a short drive from Ventnor. It offers a glimpse into the life of the former royal family and is a great day out for all ages.
- Enjoy the Beach – Ventnor is known for its stunning beaches. Spend a day on the beach, either relaxing or taking part in a variety of water sports.
- Explore the Botanic Garden – Ventnor Botanic Garden is a fantastic place to explore. With its Mediterranean climate, it has an incredible variety of plants and flowers, along with a café and a shop.
- Tour the Isle of Wight – The Isle of Wight is just a short ferry ride away from Ventnor. Explore the sights and sounds of the island, including Carisbrooke Castle and Shanklin Old Village.
- Take a Hike – Ventnor and the surrounding area are home to some beautiful walking trails. Whether it's a leisurely stroll or a challenging hike, there's something for everyone.
- Relax at Ventnor Park – Ventnor Park is a great place to relax and enjoy the outdoors. It has a range of activities, from a mini golf course to a children's play area.
- Go Kayaking – Kayaking is a great way to explore the local coastline. There are several kayak rental companies in Ventnor.
- Visit Blackgang Chine – Blackgang Chine is a unique theme park located just outside of Ventnor. There are rides, attractions and plenty of photo opportunities.
- Visit Ventnor Heritage Centre – The Ventnor Heritage Centre is a great place to learn about the history of the area. It has interactive displays and exhibits, as well as a café.
- Take a Boat Trip – There are several boat trips available from Ventnor. Choose from a leisurely cruise or a more adventurous fishing trip.
- Sample Local Cuisine – Ventnor is home to a range of restaurants, pubs and cafés. Sample some of the local cuisine, including some fresh seafood.
- Go Shopping – Ventnor has a number of shops and boutiques, ranging from souvenirs to fashion.
- Visit the Beachcomber – The Beachcomber is a traditional beach hut, located at the far end of Ventnor beach. Stop by for a cup of tea and some homemade cakes.
- See a Show – Ventnor is home to the Ventnor Arts Club, a popular venue for live music and comedy.
- Take a Trip to Ventnor Haven – Ventnor Haven is a picturesque fishing village, located a short drive from Ventnor. Spend a day exploring the harbour and some of the local pubs.
There are many things to see and do near Ventnor. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!