If you're planning a visit to Langstone, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Explore Langstone Harbour – Take an early morning stroll and explore the stunning Langstone Harbour. Admire the panoramic views of Hayling Island and the South Downs, keep your eyes peeled for seals, terns and other marine life, and take some photos to capture the beauty of the area.
- Visit Fort Nelson – Take a trip to Portsmouth and explore the historic Fort Nelson. Built in 1780, the fort was used until the late 19th century and is now a museum housing a collection of artillery and military memorabilia. Climb to the top of the ramparts for stunning views of the Solent.
- Visit a Country Park – Head to Farlington Marshes and explore the surrounding countryside. This small country park is full of wildlife and birds, and a great spot for a picnic. Take a walk along the shoreline to admire the views of the harbour.
- Take a Boat Trip to the Isle of Wight – Spend a day on the Isle of Wight and take a boat trip from Langstone Harbour. Explore the island's stunning coastline and beaches, visit the historic towns and villages, or simply relax and soak up the atmosphere.
- Explore the Hampshire Coast – Take a drive along the Hampshire coast and enjoy the spectacular views. Visit the historic town of Lymington, take a walk along the pier, and explore the nearby New Forest National Park.
- Visit a Garden Centre – Take a trip to the Garden Centre at Fort Widley. The centre has a wide range of plants, shrubs, trees and garden furniture, as well as a cafe for refreshments.
- Visit the City of Portsmouth – Take a trip to the city of Portsmouth and explore the historic dockyard. Visit the medieval Portsmouth Cathedral, take a boat tour of the harbour and visit the many shops, restaurants and bars.
- Enjoy the Local Pubs – Langstone has a great selection of traditional pubs, serving everything from traditional ales to modern craft beers. Head to The Langstone Hotel, The Ship Inn or The Anchor Inn and enjoy a pint in a relaxed atmosphere.
- Go Birdwatching – Head to Farlington Marshes and enjoy some birdwatching. Spot a variety of birds, including ducks, swans, gulls, plovers and warblers.
- Visit the Beach – Visit the beautiful Hayling Island Beach and take a stroll along the shore. Explore the sand dunes and beach huts, keep an eye out for wildlife, and take a dip in the sea.
- Visit the National Motor Museum – Take a trip to the National Motor Museum in Beaulieu and explore the collection of vintage cars and motorbikes. Enjoy a ride on the vintage bus, take a tour of the museum, and enjoy a meal in the cafe.
- Take a Walk in the South Downs – Explore the stunning South Downs and take a walk along the South Downs Way. Marvel at the views of the surrounding countryside, take some photos, and keep an eye out for wildlife.
- Go Cycling – Take a cycling tour of the area and explore the local countryside. Cycle through the tranquil villages, admire the views of the harbour, and take a break at one of the many pubs or cafes.
- Visit a Farmers Market – Head to the local farmers market and browse the stalls for fresh produce. Sample local cheeses, buy some freshly caught seafood, and take some souvenirs home.
- Visit an Art Gallery – Take a trip to the Langstone Art Gallery and admire the works of local artists. Enjoy a cup of coffee in the cafe and take some time to admire the stunning views of the harbour.
There are many things to see and do near Langstone. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!