If you're planning a visit to Stansore Point, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Take a powerboat course at West Solent Sea School - Choose from a range of powerboat courses at a small, friendly RYA training centre.
- Shopping – With the nearby cities of Winchester and Southampton, you can find plenty of shopping opportunities around Stanmore Point. In Winchester, explore the independent shops and boutiques of the city's historic centre, or in Southampton, browse the stores of Westquay Shopping Centre.
- Winchester Cathedral – Winchester Cathedral is the longest of all Gothic cathedrals in Europe, and it dates back to the 11th century. It is a must-see for any visitor to the city and its architecture is awe-inspiring.
- Marwell Zoo – Marwell Zoo is a great day out for all the family. Here, you can see more than 200 animal species and explore the many attractions and activities.
- Spinnaker Tower – Southampton's iconic Spinnaker Tower is located just minutes away from Stanmore Point. Take the lift to the top of the tower for panoramic views of the Solent and the nearby Isle of Wight.
- Beaulieu Motor Museum – Beaulieu Motor Museum is a must-visit for any car enthusiast. It houses a vast collection of vehicles from all eras, as well as interactive exhibits and displays.
- Royal Armouries – The Royal Armouries houses an incredible collection of armour and weapons from around the world. The museum also hosts events and activities throughout the year.
- New Forest National Park – The New Forest National Park is located just a short drive away from Stanmore Point. Here, you can explore the stunning landscapes and wildlife, and enjoy activities such as horse riding, cycling and walking.
- Highclere Castle – Highclere Castle is one of the UK's most iconic historic sites. It is the setting for the popular TV show Downton Abbey and visitors can explore the castle grounds and gardens.
- National Motor Museum – The National Motor Museum is home to an impressive collection of cars and motorcycles from around the world. It also hosts a variety of events and activities throughout the year.
- Peppa Pig World – Peppa Pig World is located just a short drive away from Stanmore Point. Here, you can meet Peppa and her friends, explore the themed rides and attractions, and enjoy a day of family fun.
- Mottisfont Abbey – Mottisfont Abbey is a beautiful estate located just a few miles away from Stanmore Point. Here, you can explore the house and gardens, and learn more about the history of the estate.
- Marwell Wildlife – Marwell Wildlife is an animal park and conservation centre located just a few miles away from Stanmore Point. Here, you can explore the park and learn more about the many different species of animals.
- Southampton Boat Show – The Southampton Boat Show is held every year and it is a must-visit for any keen boater. Here, you can explore the latest boats and marine accessories and learn more about the maritime industry.
- Beaulieu Abbey – Beaulieu Abbey is a former monastery located near to Stanmore Point. It is home to a number of historic buildings, including the abbey and the National Motor Museum.
There are many things to see and do near Stansore Point. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!