If you're planning a visit to Milford-on-Sea, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Visit Hurst Castle – Built in 1544, Hurst Castle is a centuries-old fortification located at the entrance to the Solent. Climb to the top of the keep and enjoy stunning views of the Isle of Wight and the surrounding coastline.
- Explore the Milford-on-Sea Village – Wander around the charming village of Milford-on-Sea and soak up the atmosphere. Visit the church and the village shops, or explore the local pubs and restaurants.
- Walk along the Solent Way – Enjoy a leisurely stroll along this award-winning coastal path, taking in stunning views of the Solent and the Isle of Wight.
- Visit the New Forest – Explore the ancient woodland, heathland and wildlife of the New Forest National Park. Go for a ramble, take a horseback ride, or take a boat trip along the Beaulieu River.
- Take a Trip to Keyhaven – Just a few minutes from Milford-on-Sea, Keyhaven is a quiet and tranquil village with a picturesque harbour and a nature reserve. Take a boat trip to Hurst Castle or a walk along the harbour wall.
- Go Fishing off Milford-on-Sea – Enjoy a spot of sea fishing off the coast of Milford-on-Sea. Catch mackerel and bass, and experience some of the best sea fishing in the UK.
- Visit the National Motor Museum at Beaulieu – Enjoy a day out at Beaulieu and explore the National Motor Museum, which houses a collection of over 250 vehicles.
- Shop at Bournemouth – A short drive away, Bournemouth has a great variety of shops, from high street stores to independent boutiques. Enjoy a spot of retail therapy and do some serious shopping.
- Go to the Beach – With miles of golden sands, Milford-on-Sea is the perfect spot for a beach day. Spend the day swimming and sunbathing, or take a dip in the sea.
- Visit the Exbury Gardens – Located in the heart of the New Forest, the Exbury Gardens are home to some of the finest gardens in the UK. Take a leisurely stroll and admire the spectacular displays of azaleas and rhododendrons.
- Try Water Sports – Take to the waters and try your hand at a range of water sports, from sailing and windsurfing to kayaking and paddle boarding.
- Take a Boat Trip – Sail off into the sunset and take a boat trip around the Solent. Enjoy a unique perspective of the local coastline and spot some of the local wildlife.
- Visit Hurst Spit – Explore the popular Hurst Spit, a long and narrow shingle spit that extends into the Solent. Take a walk along the spit and enjoy stunning views of the sea.
- Visit the Highcliffe Castle – Tour the stunning Highcliffe Castle, a 19th century castle built in the Gothic style. Enjoy spectacular views of the sea and the surrounding countryside.
- Take a Trip to Lymington – Visit the pretty Georgian town of Lymington and explore the charming cobbled streets. Visit the bustling harbour, browse the local shops and enjoy a meal in one of the traditional pubs.
There are many things to see and do near Milford-on-Sea. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!